Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Guild Christmas Party Speaker

Blog Entries
    I went to our Guild Christmas Party last night. We had a very interesting speaker. Her name was Debra Henninger. She has written a book "Hobo Quilts: 55+ Original Blocks Based on the Secret Language of Riding the Rails." What an absolutely interesting talk she gave about how hobos used symbols to communicate with each other about different residences. Her book has a lot of historical information about the hobo culture as well as block patterns she created from the hobo symbols. She discussed several of their meanings and some were rather humorous. I can't wait to read the rest of the information in her book!

Blog Entries
    How fun! I saw a book on that at a quilt shop last month, was very interestiing!

She did a couple of segments at the end of Sewing with Nancy. She was very interresting. What a neat topic. The book is on my "want list".

sounds so interesting - I'll have to sit on Santa's lap again to edit my wish list.

Blog Entries
    I seen her interviewed on Sewing with Nancy, I would love to attend her lecture :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a very interesting subject, I will be watching for this book. Lucky you.