Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
??? Gulf coast quilt shops ???? >

??? Gulf coast quilt shops ????

??? Gulf coast quilt shops ????

Old 04-05-2015, 06:08 PM

Any great shops in Foley, AL? We plan on heading to Pensacola from there, too.
Sandy
Old 04-05-2015, 08:08 PM

A second recommendation for Country Quilts & Bears in Clearwater & Happy Apple Quilts in Oldsmar great selections and Awesome staffs! Rainbow's End in Dunedin has a huge fabric selection and lots of samples hanging.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:02 PM

We stopped in at A & E Pharmacy in Pensacola, FL this morning. Not much to look at on the outside but boy o boy! Make a list of the fabrics you want to shop for! They have all of the top mfgrs and their store is arranged by categories as well as vendors. Novelties, baby, landscape, etc. 30,000 BOLTS (yes, you read that correctly!) They ship, too. (No website, no Facebook page, btw.). Looks like they buy whole collections. Super nice staff, too! We went to the Naval Museum which is ten minutes from there, awesome!

sandy
Old 04-07-2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin View Post
Go to Quilter's Hideout in N. Ft. Myers, Fl. A very nice shop with different patterns, samples hanging. I really enjoy that place. The local quilt show there is in January.
I think you mean "Quilt Lovers Hangout" in N. Fort Myers. Yes, it's definitely worth visiting!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Any great shops in Foley, AL? We plan on heading to Pensacola from there, too.
Sandy
Sandygirl, there is a small quilt shop in Foley. It's called, Sea Quilt Shoppe. It's beneath a house, the ladies there are very nice.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:14 AM

For those of you who have been to A&E Pharmacy do they have things you can't find at your LQS? I have one about 30 minutes from me that is pretty big. We're driving from St Louis to New Orleans then down through Florida to Orlando. I'm looking for things that will remind me of Florida.

I'm traveling with my daughter and granddaughter who have no interest in fabric or quilting. How far is the beach? Could they drop me off and then spend time at the beach so I don't feel rushed? Or is there something else to do? I don't think they'd be interested in the Naval museum either.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 04-08-2015, 06:42 AM

Two quilt shops close to Galveston are Cactus Quilts in Texas City and Pinwheels and Posies in Dickinson. Here is a link to the Greater Houston Shop Hop map. http://www.shophophouston.com/uploads/March15Copy.pdf

Pinwheels and Posies is a wonderful shop and has a lot of kits, if you like them. I have bought several kits there, which always include the pattern and more than enough fabric to complete the quilt. Cactus Quilts is a small shop, and I have only been there a couple times, so I really don't know much about them.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:11 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

if you are going down 19 through the Tampa Bay area, you must stop at the sponge docks in Tarpon Springs. Go to Hellas for bakery. Then to the quilt stores mentioned above. Yber City is the old cigar making area and is kind of neat.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 AM

stlkeeler, they don't really have anything different from other quilt shops other the volume of bolts. They do have other crafts aisles that daughter and granddaughter might be interested in. Pensacola Beach is about 14 miles from A&E. It's on the west side of Pensacola so there isn't much in the way of entertainment around there. Your best bet is to let them stay there.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:33 AM
cjr

Anything in MS or LA?