Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gutermann Thread Chest >

Gutermann Thread Chest

Gutermann Thread Chest

Old 12-28-2010, 08:35 PM

I wait until Gutermann thread is on sale and then buy many colors.

I would love one of those chests. Your sweetie is a dear!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:44 PM

sounds like a good present to me !!!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
I wait until Gutermann thread is on sale and then buy many colors. It is the only thread I like to use in my Sapphire Viking.
I prefer it for my Sapphire also but have recently been trying Connecting Threads.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:55 AM
PEP

I love Guterman threat, cotton and poly! I also have the 100 spool thread chest and I love it! It has been great for many machine applique' projects that I love to do! What a great gift, your are a lucky lady! Happy sewing. Patty
Old 12-29-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sewmuchtodo
I need some input/ advise, my sweetie went to JoAnn's and bought me a chest of Gutermann Thread of 100 colors for Christmas. I have never had anything like this and I am not sure if I can use them. Would you use them to quilt? They are such small spools, I hate not to find a use for them. He has said a few times, I can take it back and get anything else. I have never returned anything and I am not sure I want to. But I also do not want to not use them. Help.. I am sure someone can.
Thank you
I looked at that when it was on sale as well and decided two things. One, that I didn't need a metal rack for something I rarely buy and two, that there wasn't enough thread to a spool for regular use. I usually buy cones of thread so it seemed silly to buy small ones. Those are for a special project with a specific color! I'd say take it back and have some fun getting other things! Quilting things are 50% starting this Sat plus an additional 10% coupon! Go for it!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:06 AM

I bought the same chest at JoAnn's a couple of years ago. I thought it was too pretty to open and use but FINALLY I got the nerve to take the first spool out of the chest. The spools are small so it isn't enough to do a whole quilting project---BUT you can go and get a larger spool of thread in the same color if you want. What I have used the smaller spools for is applique projects, bindings, and hand work. I keep the major colors in my small sewing box (they are just the right size) and replentish the colors as needed. Enjoy your chest----don't take it back.