Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gypsy Gripper

i got my suction cup handle in the quilting section at jo-anns (which, coincidentally is all 50% off this weekend). don't remember how much it cost. it is a red handle with clear suction cups. seems to me the packaging was yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    i got my suction cup handle in the quilting section at jo-anns (which, coincidentally is all 50% off this weekend). don't remember how much it cost. it is a red handle with clear suction cups. seems to me the packaging was yellow.

Does this one stick pretty good to the ruler?

the few times i've used it i haven't had any problems. i'm usually moving pretty quickly and it can be cumbersome, so i don't use it on a regular basis.

Blog Entries
    hi thanks for the tip i told my husband about it he went right out and bought me one ,and guess what it dose work great good price for only $4.99 can,t bet that thanks again quilter

I am Lucky that our Harbor Freight is in the same strip mall as my favorite quilt shop in Albuquerque. Not only do I have the dent pullers but also the plastic clamps for clamping down the backing of my quilts to a the edge of a table before pinning. They are less than $5 for a container full. Some are too small but I have found pleny of uses for them.

I get so Happy when my DH sez he is going to Harbor Freight. I think I find more stuff there then he does. I found great long tweezers cheap & hooks for purses cheap too, last time I was there. I think next to the quilt shop it is my favorite store!

I bought a single suction one for 1.99 at threadart.com. Same concept. I didn't buy the other one since I wasn't sure if I could work with it. But its great.

Yesterday, I went to Joann's and purchased the Invisigrip, it's a non-slip material that is applied to rulers, cutting mats, and templates to prevent slipping when rotary cutting. It's 12 1/2 inches x 1 yard. Just thought I would add my 2 cents. :lol: :lol:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2