Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gypsy Wife Quilt >

Gypsy Wife Quilt

Gypsy Wife Quilt

Old 05-13-2016, 05:33 AM

I have mine about half way finished...it is an extremely addictive project, it's like a jigsaw puzzle. Unfortunately, the instructions are poorly written (IMHO) so our LQS held a three week long class to get a few of us started. I am doing mine all scrappy but others chose fabric collections. I would post a picture but am in sunny California for a couple of weeks. I have a few photos on my iPhone but don't know how to post from there.

If you have the patience, it is a fun project and I work on mine simultaneously with another project in case I get frustrated... And you have to keep your pieces/sections organized. Good luck.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:53 AM

This is a new pattern to me...thanks for introducing it here. Curiosity drove me to see what it looked like...wow, busy is not the word for it, but that seems to be becoming a trend..look at millefiori, OBW, etc. anyway, hesitated on the price $24, so went to Pinterest to see others and comments......found there seem to be a few errata postings. Some of the renditions of the pattern idea are cool though. But it does seem very intense, and I hesitate if there are errors in instructions - for now. But it does look like an terrific way to use up fabric bits.......as the original really doesn't have any rhyme nod reason to it, how big are those blocks...some look extremely small with lots of pieces.....jmho
Old 05-13-2016, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
redstilettos, that hyperlink is not the original poster's. It is a link inserted on key words in the post by Viglink (if you hover over the highlighted word with your mouse you will see the Viglink note). To find the OP's quilt, you need to Google "gypsy wife quilt" and then click on "images", or click on the pattern link provided by Jane to the fatquartershop pattern.
I think from now on, I'll use jquit instead of quilt. Seems the internet/scammers will invade anything!! Yes, I call them scammers because this is NOT something I asked for.

Now strangely, it didn't work when I typed "that word", because I misspelled it first and had to correct??
Old 05-13-2016, 01:32 PM

On my list to do. Like others I have been gathering fabrics. Am going to do mine in basically black/white/grays with the blocks having bright colors used in them. I may even alternate some bright strips in the body of the quilt; not sure yet. My goal is to have the blocks done before December and when I am at a retreat I am going to the first weekend in December I am hoping to piece it all together there.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:39 PM

now I know what to do with all my randomly made blocks!!! Thanks for this discussion!
Old 05-13-2016, 01:41 PM

I love the Gypsy Wife Quilt designed by Jenn Kingwell! I've sent (and pinned) it on Pinterest in several color combos--amazing how that changes the design look. I definitely want to make one.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:08 PM

Thanks for letting us know about the quilt.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:46 AM

I would like to make it and have been collecting pictures, block sizes, etc. I may try to make a few blocks and see how it goes.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

I had to google it, i love it. i love how there's a block and then there is stripes going down after it. really cool.
it would be a great thing to do with orphan blocks.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:14 AM

Wow that is amazing! I'd have to do that for exactly the right personality. I think I'll go find a need friend that matches the quilt. Any excuse, right?