Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Had to say Good Buy to some dear friends today... >

Had to say Good Buy to some dear friends today...

Had to say Good Buy to some dear friends today...

Old 03-16-2012, 07:57 AM

Good luck in your move and have a good time unpacking your sewing room. Moving is the pits anytime, one of my least liked thing to do anytime. God bless
Old 03-16-2012, 08:57 AM

I'm another one in the throes of moving! I do have a moving company doing the heavy work, but I still have to make sure the lids on the tubs of fabrics will close! I'm having my husband bring the machines with him - vintage Singers and Whites, the big embroidery machine, and my Sweet 16 machine. I've already moved myself, and I'm in an apartment with my Bernina 440 and a Singer 99 hand crank so at least I have something to do! Our new house has a totally unfinished basement, and I have plans for about half of it! I am telling myself that I will fold and sort all the stash as I put it away, but ...

Pam
Old 03-16-2012, 02:22 PM

I see you are in Upstate South Carolina now. Are you moving very far away? Are you leaving SC?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:04 PM

Be careful with the boxes. A full box of quilting box weighs a lot. My husband got smart and only put a few in each box and then put lighter stuff in with them.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:06 PM

Enjoy your new home. Just think of all the new opportunities for you to create something new just for the new house. How fun. Be safe and relax, it'll be okay in the end.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Go for it, girls! Those who want to make quilts will find a way to make it work--whether a closet, just a table, or whatever.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM

Happy trails to all you ladys moving,near or far.It can be a blessing in many ways.New friends to quilt with.Old stories to tell that will help some one else with your knowledge.Finding new ideas from friends.I pray for safe trips for all and that you will have many new adventures in your new sourndings,and that you will be a joy and comfort to all you meet.
I moved to az from wi and it was a hugh adventure for us.Didnt know any one here in Az.Now I have lots of quilting buddies and have learned so much more than i ever knew about quilting. God Bless You all Dawn MArie Odya