Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Half-Split/half-square triangle

Smile Half-Split/half-square triangle

Does anyone have a list of sizes of squares to start with when making half-split/half triangles. I have instructions for same and like the ease of making them and the looks of them. However, I would like some kind of chart which would show what size of squares would equal the final piece.

QM
    I am not sure what you mean by half-split. For half square triangles, the general rule is to add 7/8" to the finished size you want. I add 1", which is much easier and gives a smidge of trim room.

Bonnie Hunter has free printable papers too

http://www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Hal...-Triangle.html

well..maybe its not Bonnies...but I got it from a link on her site...
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Nativetexan, thanks for the links. I've spent way too much time watching the videos this morning.
    jean

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcy J. View Post
    Does anyone have a list of sizes of squares to start with when making half-split/half triangles. I have instructions for same and like the ease of making them and the looks of them. However, I would like some kind of chart which would show what size of squares would equal the final piece.
    Marcy J. Half-split/half-square triangles sound fun. Would really like to learn how to make them. Do you have a link you can share? thanks, skjquiltnut