Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hancock Quilting Class >

Hancock Quilting Class

Hancock Quilting Class

Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 AM

For those of you who have been so kind and supportive of the terrible experience myself and two girlfriends had at our quilting class this past Saturday...here's the latest.

I went to the store and requested a refund. First talked with the store manager and he referred me to the who Bernina Mgr was totally shocked "everyone has always raved about the instructor,", never had a complaint....etc. Oh my! So, don't know if I will actually get my money back or not. She had to check to find out how I would get refunded, if it would be by check etc., and she also had to talk to the instructor. So as the saga and aggrivation continues.........I will let you all know.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 AM

Well, you may not get a refund, but at least the Manager knows that the instructor wasn't as great as he thought.

At the end of every quilting class I've taken, we've been asked to fill out an evaluation. It's a pain, but at least it gives the store some feedback.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 AM

Thanks. And, no, there was no evaluation either. So - we'll see what happens. I just want my money back. The instructor will go on teaching and she was nice enough - just ignored us and the class wasn't as advertised as a beginner class. Expectations for "beginner" - someone who truly hasn't sewn in years and doesn't know all the terms and needed to learn - well that was lacking. So - we'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by woodchkr
For those of you who have been so kind and supportive of the terrible experience myself and two girlfriends had at our quilting class this past Saturday...here's the latest.

I went to the store and requested a refund. First talked with the store manager and he referred me to the who Bernina Mgr was totally shocked "everyone has always raved about the instructor,", never had a complaint....etc. Oh my! So, don't know if I will actually get my money back or not. She had to check to find out how I would get refunded, if it would be by check etc., and she also had to talk to the instructor. So as the saga and aggrivation continues.........I will let you all know.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 PM

That's too bad. The quilting instructor at our Hancocks in Champaign, Il. is a great teacher.