Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hancocks going out of business >

Hancocks going out of business

Hancocks going out of business

Old 06-25-2016, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Marshall's Dry Goods has quilt shop quality fabric. All the name brand fabrics except Moda. Lots of craft fabrics of lesser quality but still cheaper then retail. If you order Robert Kauffman you know what you are getting, same with Michael Miller, Red Rooster, South Seas, Timeless Treasures, Riley Blake, Hoffman Batiks, Andover, Northcrott, Bernatex, and Marshall's own line MDG brand. You can buy by the yard or bolt online. The bolt prices are never over $3.99 a yard, most times less. By the yard is higher but still much cheaper then retail price.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:01 PM

I congratulate all those who made some really good buys. Around here, the management CO for the liquidation goes back to the original price for the item and works sales from there. Also the scalpers who like to grab all the bargains and flog the bargains themselves for a bit more than the sale price seem to grab all the good stuff before anyone else has a chance.

I refuse to let dealers in a garage sale until those who really do want something get first crack at it.

BTW - some of these resellers look to be slightly skewed. I wanted a certain strip die for the Big Kick, but it had been discontinued. Someone did have one and actually listed a $50 die for over $200 on Amazon. Hope no one was that desperate.