Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand needles >

Hand needles

Hand needles

Old 04-27-2011, 10:52 PM

I was told that a size 11 between is the same length as a 12 but bigger in diameter, so they don't bend as easily. I use Richard Hemming 11's and Foxglove 11's and they both work in the clover desk threader. Bohin makes a threader that is similar to clover's but it has two threaders for different types of needles with different sized eye's.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:10 AM

I'm a devoted Roxanne (in the little glass tubes w/shell) user. I've used many different needles, clover, off brands, John James and a few others. I've also used the Thimblelady's and like them as well but I find them a little more bendy than the Roxanne's. I use #11 and #12's. I have found that the biggest trick to being able to thread the Roxanne's with 100% cotton thread is to use the Roxanne threaders. Makes all the difference in the world. The desk threaders don't fit through the eyes on the Roxanne's and most of the clover and other wire threader's do not either. I usually be 6 or so at a clip when I purchase needles. If I've got a reasonable stash of needles I'll just order more threaders. I order both from Colonial Needle and have nothing but great things to say about them.