Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand Quilters, What do you do if the fabric is too busy! >

Hand Quilters, What do you do if the fabric is too busy!

Hand Quilters, What do you do if the fabric is too busy!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:12 PM

Bernie is that the pen that disapears after ironing you are talking about, I saw them at a quilt show but didn't purchase it. Ooo gal288 I"m to scared to wash it before quilting it, with my luck it would come apart lol. Barb44 I am using a hoop, basteing may be a bit loose i've never really known how to do it to keep everything tight, it the threads are always catching on something and pulling luckily i havent gotten any puckering yet. Maybe i need a class on basteting lol.Thank you everyone for your input.Maybe it will just look like a wholecloth from the back and pieced from the front with little noticed quilting,reversible like Amma said.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Deb, that's why I said to baste the edge of the quilt and to do the stitch in the ditch. It was enough to hold the quilt and I had no problem. I did wash it on gentle and did not machine dry it. I use pins to baste, and I also left them in.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by dlwillia
Bernie is that the pen that disapears after ironing you are talking about, I saw them at a quilt show but didn't purchase it.
Yes, that's the one but I got some cheaper at Staples. But please if you use them test first--I don't want you to blame me if the marks don't come out--esp. since I haven't tried them myself yet :lol: :lol:
Old 07-12-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by dlwillia
Bernie is that the pen that disapears after ironing you are talking about, I saw them at a quilt show but didn't purchase it.
Yes, that's the one but I got some cheaper at Staples. But please if you use them test first--I don't want you to blame me if the marks don't come out--esp. since I haven't tried them myself yet :lol: :lol: