Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hand quilting a grandmothers flower quilt

Does anyone have a close up of the handquilting of a grandmothers flowers quilt? I finished the top now i have to hand quilt it. I have no clue what pattern to use.

Jaimie Szeliga
    closetis full

When we did ours for the church, we jsut stitched in the ditch. It took forever, but was beautiful when it was done.

i have the hexigon patis. do you know of anyother patterns of quilts to use them for.

Jaimie Szeliga
    closetfull

The traditional way would be to quilt a 1/4" inside each hexagon. You can really quilt it anyway you want. There really isn't a right or wrong way. I'd love to see a picture of it. Would you consider posting one?

Helen

Thank you for your advice. I am computer and digital camara challenge, so I have to wait until my teenager gets home to take a picture. But will post one soon.

JAimie Szeliga
    closetisfull

Jaimie,

Thats great :) I'll look forward to seeing it. I have been working on one off and on for forever, it seems, LOL.

Helen

Hi, When I did my queen size quilt of GFG I hand quilted 1/4 in inside each hexagon on everyother row. I did not do every hexagon. And it turned out OK. Marge

I quilted 1/2" inside all of mine, and pulled the thread a little tight because I like the puckery look of a quilt. It has also been washed and dried by machine. Here is a pic of it closeup. I just finished it after Christmas. Maybe this will help. There is a pic of the full quilt in the pictures section.
    Also there are other designs you can make such as diamonds when piecing the hexagons. There are alot of good pics on the web.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Norah,

Your GFG is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Helen :D

Wow!!! Its beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast