Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hand Quilting Needles

When I make a quilt I machine stitch the top but like to hand stitch the layers together. I am wondering for all those who hand quilt, what brand of needle do you like to use best and where do you get your needles from?

I use "Richard Hemming & Son" betweens size 10. I get them at my LQS. She started carrying them because I asked her to! :)

Blog Entries

I love John James size 11 or Roxanne size 11. The Clover brand is also good, but the needle's eyes are quite small. John James also have Big Eyes, they thread very easy. We have a little online-shop here in Germany for quilting supplies, so I'm happy to get my material from the wholesaler.

Gal
    For hand quilting I use Piecemakers Betweens/Quilting needles made in Japan, and for a bigger eye I use John James Big Eye Quilting needles, these are made in England.

Gal

Blog Entries
    I use "Richard Hemming & Son" larg eye betweens size 10 I had my LQS order them for me.

As I've gotten older, I like to use EZ Gold Eye Quilting Betweens Needles by Wright.

I'm glad to read this thread. I don't like the needles I currently use. I think I need some new ones. Thanks for the suggestions.

Jeanna Kimball, size 11, but I suggest you try several different brands. What makes a great needle for one person might not work for you.

I use John James, Hemming and I really like clovers too. Anything but dritz, has been good and I have been quilting for over 25 years. I use a size 11 or 12. But for someone new I usually recommend they start with a 9.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast