Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hand quilting price?

Hand quilting price?

What do you all pay to have a quilt hand quilted? is it a priced by the size of the quilt? or do they charge by yard /inch.
    Scrapy quilts have more love in them.

I don't know how much people charge but I would imagine arm and a leg. It is a long process. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Good question, since i hand quilt all mine, only sent out four to be quilted. Stopped counting at about350.

some hand quilters charge by the amount of thread used (by the foot or by the yard) some charge by the square inch of quilt...and there are always *fluctuations* determined by the individual project-design-density of quilting.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

There is a group from a church by me that has 2 quilts on floor stands going all the time. They charge $100 a quilt to hand quilt. They are down to about 5 or six women doing this as they have all gotten older & died off or can't see to quilt. I went several times & what a great group. I wanted to get a bunch of bonnets (old time) & take them out to them & take their picture. Looks like an Old Time Quilting Bee going on. Just don't see tis much any more sorry to say.
    Love the OLD, UGLY, & WELL LOVED