Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hand rotory cutter

This question is about the hand rotory cutter. Seems like they go dull fast so i was wondering is there something out there that would sharpen them or do you just keep buying them. They are a little expensive. :x

Thanks Loretta. That's what i do. Love those coupons.

I've also found that they're cheaper at Michaels and Hancocks. It's only a few bucks, but a 40% off coupon there is equal to savings on a 50% off coupon at Joanns.

I think I saw the 5 pack of fisker brand blades (60mm) for $18 at wal-mart. I thought, "Man that cheap!". I think they are roughly $35 at Joann's. Kinda works out the same with the 50% off coupon.

Blog Entries
    Here is a recent post that you might find interesting :D:D:D

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-31218-1.htm

I have the orbital sharpener, and it does work to sharpen a dull blade, but it is hard to remove a nick. what are you using for a mat? And what is your technique for cutting?
    IE, how many layers of fabric are you cutting at a time, what type of mat, ruler, cutter?
    I only ask this because I had a customer who was placing the fabric on TOP of the ruler, rather than under it, so i think it is best to start with the basics and work from there. Technique *may* have something to do with the problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crkathleen
    I think I saw the 5 pack of fisker brand blades (60mm) for $18 at wal-mart. I thought, "Man that cheap!". I think they are roughly $35 at Joann's. Kinda works out the same with the 50% off coupon.
    Ahhhh but buying them at WalMart would free up your coupons for other goodies :wink: :D:D:D

Think i'll try turning them around. sounds pretty good. Guess i'll have to save up for one of those Accuquilt cutters. ;-)