Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Handheld crafting iron

  1. #1
    Super Member KimS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    1,740
    Does anyone use a crafting iron? I'm thinking about getting one since it's so much smaller than a regular iron. I have a bad habit of bumping my hand against it. This is the one I'm looking at but would like to know what others are using.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,244
    Blog Entries
    194
    haven't seen one like that, what kind is it?

  3. #3
    Super Member KimS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    haven't seen one like that, what kind is it?
    Clover 9101 Mini Iron II Handheld Crafting Iron with Interchangeable Tips

    I found this one at Amazon.com and people who wrote reviews said positive things about it.

  4. #4
    Super Member seamstome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,339
    I thought I owned that one but on closer inspection I havent.

    I like the one from Joann's that looks more like a little iron with a tip.

  5. #5
    Super Member lalaland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    2,390
    I have a different type of small iron, I bought it in a hobby shop and the plate is teflon so if i'm using webbing or fusible, and it gets it on my iron, it just wipes off. But I know several people who have this one, they love it for applique, and all say good things about it.

  6. #6
    Super Member KimS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by seamstome
    I thought I owned that one but on closer inspection I havent.

    I like the one from Joann's that looks more like a little iron with a tip.
    Would you mind posting a picture of it?

  7. #7
    Super Member magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,070
    It will depend on the size pieces of fabric or other material you intend to iron. It is a very small surface. There are mini irons shaped like regular size irons that would be more productive imho. This little one is fine for pressing ribbon or other narrow fabrics and trims. I have one myself. The minis are sold at Joanns. Clotilde.com Has these two; #261014 and #266040 The soleplateon the first one measures1 3/4 inches wide by 4 3/4 long.

  8. #8
    Super Member greenini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    1,543
    Blog Entries
    16
    I have the original Clover and so far I haven't found it very useful, I think something with a bit bigger plate would work better.

  9. #9
    Super Member KimS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    It will depend on the size pieces of fabric or other material you intend to iron. It is a very small surface. There are mini irons shaped like regular size irons that would be more productive imho. This little one is fine for pressing ribbon or other narrow fabrics and trims. I have one myself. The minis are sold at Joanns. Clotilde.com Has these two; #261014 and #266040 The soleplateon the first one measures1 3/4 inches wide by 4 3/4 long.
    The longer I look at different ones the more I agree with you the one I was looking at would be too small. Thanks for your suggestions. :-)

  10. #10
    Super Member KimS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by greenini
    I have the original Clover and so far I haven't found it very useful, I think something with a bit bigger plate would work better.
    I'm leaning that way too now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.