Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
handi quilter & juli tl98 set up >

handi quilter & juli tl98 set up

handi quilter & juli tl98 set up

Old 01-05-2012, 03:55 AM

Default handi quilter & juli tl98 set up

I am going to check out this set up that is listed on craigs list and was wandering any feed back from people that own them or have used them. the ad says barely used and I contacted them and the reason for getting rid of is shoulder surgery and just cannot use anymore. said the frame did one quilt and the machine is barely used. purchased is 2003. they are asking $900 for both. would appreciate any feed back as I have never owned anything like this but have wanted a juki for awhile. thanks for all comments
Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 AM

I would definitely get the machine! I had the same setup years ago. Did not like the Handi-quilter as there is too small of a working space under the machine. Perhaps you are more patient than me. As far as the Juki is concerned, I have one purchased in 2003. Super great machine. I still have it and out of all my machines, that one is the most reliable! It will be great for free motion quilting and on your frame. Best of luck to you!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 AM

they want 600 for the frame and 350 for the machine and said they would take 800 for both. I haven't seen either yet as we are just emailing details. they are about 20 miles from me and they said they would include the wooden supports hubby made. they even offered to meet me part way but I want to check it out first. I was truely thinking about getting the machine for the money as I paid much more for my husqvarna viking. was thinking about selling the viking, 6mths old and the featherweight to justify the new purchase. hope to get alot of comments pros and cons. thanks
Old 01-05-2012, 05:39 AM

I brought a used Handi Quilter frame for $250.00, You need a table to sit it on. I purchased a Bailey 13 to use with it. It is nice, don't have to pin my quilts .
Mary in TX
Old 01-05-2012, 08:40 AM

I had my table for my HQ hand made. It is all wood and a cow could stand on it without breaking it. It is one sturdy table. It fits my studio exactly and is the correct height for me ...

.... and my guest daybed fits under it. when I have a guest I just pull out the daybed. There is only so much room in a two bedroom townhome.

ali
Old 01-05-2012, 07:51 PM

I bought a Juki for $699-it was $899 but I got a good deal from the store. My husband got me a Handi Quilter frame in exchange for doing some plumbing for a friend. He built me a sturdy 8' table, and the frame is only out to 8' but I could extend it to 10 or 12. If the machine is in really good condition then I think the price is worth it. The frames go for alot, but I'm not sure how much now. I bought a stitch regulator and the whole set up is great for me. If the frame doesn't have it, you might need to put heavy duty rods in the rollers that are on there. The origional ones are a might flimsy.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 PM

Default handi quilter & juki

I use a handiquilter frame with my 15" Bailey. I think I gave $300 for mine, but it was a few years ago. It did not come with the continuous tracks and my carriage kept hanging up on the seams where the tracks connected. So I ordered the continuous tracks, and just finished quilting 3 quilts, much much smoother! I say go for it, if everything appears to be in good working order... The more we "tweak" my handiquilter setup, the better it gets.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 AM

well I did buy the juki yesterday but not the frame. decided to hold out for a better deal ont he frame. the machine was all packed in the orginal box and looks as though it never has been used. I am sure I am going to love it