Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Handiquilter Rulers >

Handiquilter Rulers

Handiquilter Rulers

Old 06-28-2014, 04:24 AM

Default Handiquilter Rulers

I am starting to use rulers when quilting on my sit down Handi Quilter 16. I purchased the versa ruler and the small straight ruler last year. For those of you who use rulers with their Handi Quilter, can you tell me your personal choice for must have rulers?
Old 06-28-2014, 05:37 AM

I use a Line Tamer tool a lot - it is a great size and has a slot in the middle for the hopping foot - I think 4 paws makes it. I also have used the Top Anchor tools they are great - but I am not sure how well they would work on the sit down machine - but you could take a look at them as well. Good Luck!!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by KathyC9511 View Post
I am starting to use rulers when quilting on my sit down Handi Quilter 16. I purchased the versa ruler and the small straight ruler last year. For those of you who use rulers with their Handi Quilter, can you tell me your personal choice for must have rulers?
I was going to buy just a straight ruler, but the shop was out so I got the right angle one and I love it. Once I figured out how to move it around, hold it in place, generally manipulate it and the fabric together I went back to the shop for another and got a wave one. Thankfully, the quilt shop takes JoAnn's coupons so I got them at 50% off.
I've been watching youtube videos on using rulers and have learned lots of good things, pros and cons of various types of rulers.
My last purchase was a couple of rulers from ebay. Waiting for them to come so I can give them a try.
Back to your question, I love the right angle ruler and would hate to give it up.