Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Handquilters need opinions please

I need some opinions from some handquilters please...i made this quilt and decided i wanted to hand quilt it....i am doing a baptist fan all over the center of the quilt then a feather in the border. I am doing it in a liberated style as i didnt mark it...anyways just want to see if this is ok? I am using quilters dream cotton batting, YLI thread and clover black and gold quilting needles...i can get 8-10 stitches per inch...i dont know if thats ok? there are quite a few seams on this quilt and its def harder to get the smaller stitches when i get close to the seams. This is what i have accomplished in about 2 hours of work. Any advice or input would be greatly appreaciated...sorry the pics are arent the best as i took them with my cell phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Blog Entries
    Looking good! Keep up the good work:)

looks pretty good, I don't think I could have done that much in 2 hours.
    It will be very nice when it is done.

Blog Entries
    I am impressed. 2 hours??? Good for you.

I've just started to do some PP... by hand of course, so I can appreciate the work you've done...I think it looks GREAT!!! Good for you :):):)

Banned
    Liberty Hill - Central TEXAS Hill Country
    REALLY LOOKS GREAT - your stitches are nice & even (I've heard judges say that's more important than how many you get to the inch) & pattern is done good, especially since you didn't mark it 1st. Keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

All of my special quilts are handquilted. I like your "liberated style". I've been looking for a baptist fan stencil for a while. I think the feathers will contrast nicely. Your stitch length is good too. When I was first learning, a quilter told me that it doesn't matter at all how many stitches that you have to the inch if they aren't consistant. It took me a long time to get mine uniform, then I started working on smaller. Your stitching is beautiful.

Blog Entries
    If this your first handquilting, I think you are doing exceedingly well. Don't sweat too much about the seams, do the best you can, and the over-all look will be very good. Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Very nice and consistent stitches. I dont think small is as important as consistent. Takes some attention to get that on seems but it comes

beautiful hand stitching, great work!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast