Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harbour Freight Blades

I was going to order some blades, on sale, 1.49 for two. An order for 5 packs would be 7.45 and the freight was 6.99. GEEZ. I think that is a bit much for freight.

Blog Entries
    Yes, maybe so. However, that is still only $1.44 per blade & still much cheaper that at the fabric stores. Was well worth it to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rannyof3
    I was going to order some blades, on sale, 1.49 for two. An order for 5 packs would be 7.45 and the freight was 6.99. GEEZ. I think that is a bit much for freight.
    I thought it was pricey too, so I doubled my order for the same shipping price - now it's worth it, IMHO.

Blog Entries
    I'm lucky-there is a HF store in our area and I went there and bought several packs. If you belong to a guild (or have friends who quilt nearby), see if they want to put in an order together with you and share the cost of freight. It would save a little, anyway!

That's why I order as many as I do...freight is the same for 1 or 10 :) My HF can't keep them in stock.

Oh, well, okay, I'll go back and double the order. I didn't know that freight would be the same

whaaa? HF sells rotary cutting blades? Or is this something else?

Quote Originally Posted by rushdoggie
    whaaa? HF sells rotary cutting blades? Or is this something else?
    rotary cutting blades but they call them carpet cutter replacement blades and they are in the area that sells carpeting supplies. They fit the 45 mm. rotary cutters. I use them and to me they are just as good as the brand names.

I tried to order some of these... but the shipping to me in Canada was somewhere around $40 !! So if I bought 10 pkgs=20 blades=approx $3 each blade. Still a better deal per blade but I just couldn't do that shipping cost! And that would be no matter how many pkgs I bought! Oh well, that's how it goes!
    Maureen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xsquilter
    I tried to order some of these... but the shipping to me in Canada was somewhere around $40 !! So if I bought 10 pkgs=20 blades=approx $3 each blade. Still a better deal per blade but I just couldn't do that shipping cost! And that would be no matter how many pkgs I bought! Oh well, that's how it goes!
    Maureen
    Maureen, if you want me to do the order here for you and then I could mail them to you, I am willing. Let me know if you want to. Janice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast