Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hard time threading needle

I have tried to use the monofilament thread and I have a hard time threading my needle with it, do any of you have any ideas how to make it easier to see and thread, also I have a hard time getting the thread started off the spool. I can't find the begining.

Thank you, Kay

Last spool I bought didn't seem to have a beginning. I would love the answer to that one. As for threading, I put a white index card behind the needle. It seems to make everything easier to see. Then I can hit the eye of the needle.

Kay,
    Under the bottom label there is a nick in the spools. There's a little tail under the label in that slit or nick in the spool. I have to use a different color paper from Norah, but I do hold a paper behind my needle and I also have a penlight to hold in my other fingers to shine on the "eye" sometimes.

I don't like the monofilament thread but I have had to use it to sew patches on before....

Sharon