Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Harley's qult

Harley's qult

This is a quilt that I made for a 14-year old boy who lost his father 2 years ago. He lives in foster care with his younger sister. My oldest niece went to high school with his dad, so that is the connection. I really don't know the boy, but when my niece gave him the quilt, he was so excited that he told everyone that his aunt from China ( I worked in China for 10 years) made a quilt for him.
    I hope you like the quilt as much as he did.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Do all for His glory.

Such a nice thing for you to do. My heart goes out to him and his sister. I'm sure he will treasure the quilt.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Awwww... that was so nice of you to make the quilt for him. I love the bright colors... can see why he loves it so much.

How wonderful. Think of how happy you made that boy, his life can't be easy and now he feels someone cares about him. Good job!
    Kat

That is so nice of you, great quilt!!!!

Thanks so much for doing that for him. May God continue to bless both of you.

What a special gift! And I really like both sides ... the back looks very modern - like art deco, and the sailing theme is great.

Yes, I like it, but it's more important that he likes it..

Isn't it amazing how little it takes to make a child happy? I love the quilt, but he will treasure it his entire life!

Kudos to your niece for thinking of this boy and mentioning him to you. More kudos to you for taking the initiative to make him a quilt. You are a good soul.

Is it possible that you could become his (and his sisters) 'Aunt', you know, visits on weekends once a month, holiday visits, attend school events and so on. Seems he's looking for someone to love him and show him attention, to connect with.

Am doing this for my real niece and nephew, although they live with their Mom. They came out of a bad family situation (my side) and Mom doesn't have good things to say about 'us'. I'm slowly changing her perception - at least about me and my DH - and keeping them "in the family". My DH and I have become their unofficial grandparents and I call them my 'Grands' because I am their Great Aunt and they are "Grand Kids". They light up when they see us, and I have to say, I'm always sad to see them go.

I love the back as much as the front! remember: one who sleeps under a quilt is comforted by love.