Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Has any one heard of this thread?

Has any one heard of this thread?

So yesterday I went to Ada on a field trip and noticed they had a quilt shop. I have never been in the store but thought I would go look around. I know I needed thread so I asked if she had my thread which is Aurifil thread she said she only had the tread kits. But carried another thread called Mettler Thread, I said I have never heard of it but bought some anyway since I needed thread. She said it was good thread and that she has used it for years. My question is "Has anyone used this thread? What kind of thread does your quilt shop carry normally?

I mainly use Aurifil but I also use Mettler which is a very good thread. If I recall correctly this is the make of thread that Bernina recommend for use with their sewing machines.

You can find Mettler in lots of independently owned quilt shops. Nice thread. I also use Prescencia thread.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Mettler was commonly sold in quilt shops before Aurifil arrived on the scene. It is still very good 100% cotton thread. I think its a little thicker than Aurifil.

I have used Mettler Silk Wrapped thread for over 20 years. It is what my Bernina dealer recommended for me to use when I bought my DSM. I have never had a problem with the thread, doing both piecing and quilting with it. I was finally able to have my baby serviced and the technician once again said it is the best thread to use on my Bernina 1530.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I have used Mettler. Good results with it.

Mettler is good thread but there is no silk in it or around it. It has a silk finish.
    I love my life!

My dealer told me to use Mettler or Guitermann in my Janome. Unfortunately, it is hard to find here and the price is painful compared to Guitermann. I know my machine preferred the Mettler but my pocketbook didn't.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

It's a good thread, but more linty than Aurifil and Prescensia.
    aka Gale

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast