Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has any one used Bo-Nash Fusible Bonding Agent

Has any one used Bo-Nash Fusible Bonding Agent

I am going to start on an art quilt and was looking at some techniques? I like the confetti technique and saw this bonding powder that you sprinkle on the use your teflon sheet and press to make it bond. The stuff is Bo-Nash Fusible Bonding Agent. Has anyone used this and did you like it?

Yes.....From what little bit I've used it, works great, really adheres. I made a very small applique wall hanging and instead of finishing the binding off by hand, I tried the Bo-Nash....Worked great...My one complaint is I find it a bit hard to control....seems to go everywhere when trying to place it in the area you are working... I'm looking for a dispensing vessel that will help me control the flow and placement of the powder....
    Have an inspring day!
    Sandi

Maybe something like the tiny tips they use for glue. That would put it where it needs to go and your figuretip will spread it from there.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Where can you buy this product? Sounds interesting.

I was looking at some blog and saw where a lady made a confetti type art quilt and mentioned she used this Bo-Nash fusible powder. She sprinkled it on her fabric then sprinkled her small confetti fabric and used her teflon sheet and pressed it. I googled it to see what it was. There are numerous places to buy it from. Just google it.

I have used it and it does work. I bought mine at a quilt show.

You can buy it at various locations on the web just google the name...I did a Confetti wallhanging of a fall scene with falling leaves from a tree, rock wall, sky, grass...We covered the entire piece after we used the Bo Nash with fine netting and then did FM over that...

Yes, I use it for mostly patching some odd tears my husband seems to get in his Dockers. It is amazing what a nice batik does on the inside and using bonash. I have used it for years repairing quilts.
    Well worth the money.
    Enjoy!
    sue
    Enjoy The Art!
    Sue ~Only Adding to the beauty you have already created~
    http://suezquilts.com/ http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sue...45597315486041

It is a bit hard to control the amount and direction of the sprinkles of Bo-Nash, but it really does do a great job of adhering and a little bit goes a long way. I would recommend you give it a try.

Blog Entries
    Yes, it is hard to control when sprinkling, if you want it in a specific spot. DM had a lightweight t-shirt, that the front lining did not stay in and hand sewing would show. Used Bo-Nash, and now mom has a top that she doesn't have to fuss with.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home