Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone bought a bernette H79 for bernina computer machine

I am wondering if anyone has bought this machine, that Hancock Fabrics sells. If you have what kind of problems if any have you had?

Blog Entries
    I have a Bernina 1230 that I love, but I would not recommend buying a Bernette. There are better machines available in that price range. I'd look at Sears Kenmore or Janome.

I got the Bernette H70 a couple of months ago on ebay for $100.00!!! They said it was used but when I got it, all the accessories were still in the original unopened bags and everything looks brand new on the machine. I got it to take to the quilt shop. But my Janome had to go in for its yearly physical so I have been using the Bernette. And I have been really impressed. It has a lot of great features and a beautiful stitch! It is noisy compared to my other machines. As far as their longevity, I dont have a clue. I read one ladies review that had hers for over a year so far and she is still loving hers.

Sorry don't have this one.

I have looked at it at Hancocks, but haven't heard many good reviews of it.

Thank you for your input. I had a bernia 830 years ago and really liked it. Don't know what I should get. My machine has devoloped a squel. That had become very annoying. I am going to have to do something, just not sure what to get. Right now I have an older pfaff.