Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone done Miss Rosie quilt patterns? >

Has anyone done Miss Rosie quilt patterns?

Has anyone done Miss Rosie quilt patterns?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM

Question Has anyone done Miss Rosie quilt patterns?

I just bought ' Summer wind' and although the piecing is relatively simple a center star surrounded by different borders - geese, QST, HST, simple (?)stars, I'm looking at 14 pages of instructions, I still have to draw out my own cutting layout based on the cut list, figure out which fabrics go where...zowie! It could be gorgeous but it could sink me. I am doing it in Scarborough Fair (Robyn Pandolph) and I have 42 FQ!!!

http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...47&Parent_Ids=

Any words of wisdom?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 PM

I have made about 4 of these. The first one I did much like the picture show. The others I did in Kansas Troubles by Moda, which turned out gorgous. If I can find pictures, I will send them.

I just followed each step as it comes. It has been quite awhile since I made them. If I remember right it has you cut all pieces first, which I do not do. I cut as I go, but whatever works best for you.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:23 PM

It looks like its going to be gorgous, let us know how you are progressing.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:55 PM

I did her Fly Away Home quilt for my sister and it was very good. She does love flying geese! If you want some help, contact her at her blog, http://lavieenrosie.typepad.com/ I've found her to be wonderfully friendly and willing to help. Plus, she's funny and interesting. She would be glad to give you any help she can.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:28 PM

One thing that'll help is to get sandwich baggies and label each one with the cut size of your pieces. That'll really help you stay organized and not mistake one size of cut for another. Mostly take your time and organize as you go!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:29 PM

I know Carrie - or Miss Rosie's quilts - and have done some of her patterns without any problems.

I follow the cutting instructions. Then I read the directions but usually just follow the picture in a systematic manner.

She is very approachable if you have any questions just e-mail her and she'll reply.

Easy Breezy.

ali
Old 02-23-2012, 06:41 PM

Thanks, all! The is The Important Quilt for my DD and I am in a state about it. I took forever to pick this pattern. I had pretty much decided on Miss Rosie and when I saw Summer wind it was perfect.

I am making an excel spreadsheet with a worksheet for every fat quarter cut-directions to make sure it all will fit onto the fabric as instructed, and a worksheet for the list of cut pieces with a line for every piece identified by type of fabric (light bkgd, light print, med print, dark print, contrast print), size, description of fabric (big floral, paisley, stripe, tonal) and an identifier for the fat quarter #. I will match these to the instructions for assembly and put a location-code next to every piece in the detail spreadsheet, to make sure that the right fabrics go in the right part of the design. Small prints on small pieces, etc. to make it a little less than full-scrappy. I've got some excel summaries worked up to make sure that the cut-piece-totals match to hers.

I am glad to hear that you have followed the instructions and that I can email for help from the designer if I need it.

Another Quilting Adventure! This one is truly my Mount Everest!