Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has Anyone done this ? >

Has Anyone done this ?

Has Anyone done this ?

Old 12-21-2011, 11:41 AM

Default Has Anyone done this ?

Hey everyone....Ive just finished a xmas project and had some fabric left so I made something to go with the project I made......which is a laptop tote my grand daughter wanted so I also made a small bag to go along with it to put her adapter/charger in or whatever she wants....my question is....I put her initials on the extra bag and when I finished sewing it I realized I could had put something else like a small butterfly or something just to add some detail....so I thought hmmm can I machine embroider without a hoop?...has anyone ever tried this on a finished project...how would I be able to maneuver it.....theres got to be a way.....oh well any help with this would be so appreciated.......Thx Trish
Old 12-21-2011, 12:05 PM

I have actually added a few things after I thought I was finished. I put adhesive stabilizer in the hoop (sticky side up) then I "stuck" the project to the stabilizer in the hoop, attached the hoop to the machine and away I went.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:26 AM

Hi Val and thank you for answering me.......guess you and I are the only ones who has had this un-known phenomonem happen to them lol........I thought about the stabalizer also so Iam going to try it this morning and hope it works...I will let you know....have a Merry Xmas with your family and friends and thanks again.......Trish
Old 12-22-2011, 04:54 AM

To answer your question- I can not machine embroider without a hoop on my Brother 2500. I can free stitch embroider; I can satin stitch embroider; but I can not use the embroidery machine part of the sewing machine without attaching a hoop. I would be interested to know if other brands can embroider designs without a hoop. The hoop is what moves the material around to creat the design since the needle stays in a very small area.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:32 AM

You could do like Trish says, which works really well.

Or, if you feel good at FMQ type of thing you could do a free motion stitching/embroidery. That is what I did. It was fun and easy.

ali
Old 12-22-2011, 08:52 AM

I've done free motion embroidery on my standard sewing machine. Can't do it with my Brother PE770.