Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else ever done anything like this?

My second quilting project was a Christmas table runner - 3 blocks on point, pointed ends. When I finished the binding, one of the points was wonky, so I took it apart to fix it. While cutting some of the binding straight (while it was still attached on the front side), my rotary cutter jumped the ruler and I cut my finger. It was a fairly new blade and the cut was deep. My first thought was, Oh goodness, please don't let me bleed all over my table runner - I've put too much time into it. Fortunately, I didn't. That was in 1993, and I put that runner out every Christmas. Makes me smile everytime I see it.

Blog Entries
    We live and learn, don't we. Yep! been there done that!

Ouch! I always think the worst part of cutting or pocking myself is I cant sew for a while, so blood doesnt get EVERY WHERE!

Pam
    HA Ha ha! Save the quilt, no matter what! Let's face it people heal, quilts do not. We are all very much alike aren't we, even though we have never really met each other?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I can't count the number of times I have cut myself with a rotery cutter. I think mine are always out for blood.

Blog Entries
    I cut the side of my finger off right along the nail (missed the nail, thank goodness) but I don't even remember what quilt I was working on at the time!

You've been initiated!!! Welcome to the club! :-D

Blog Entries
    yep, using my 8x24 ruler i did the same thing. bled for 4 hours then went to the emergency room and sat for 1 hour. they just ended up wrapping tons of gauze around my finger. nerves took months to stop being sensitive.
    funny thing was, that long ruler had a plastic guard on the side I WASN'T using!!! duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    I cut the side of my finger off right along the nail (missed the nail, thank goodness) but I don't even remember what quilt I was working on at the time!
    I did the exact same thing about a month ago. Ran upstairs and grabbed a wash cloth to wrap it up in then began digging through the linen closet one handed for gauze & a bandage. Had hubby wrap me up then went right back down to that naughty cutter and finished what I was working on. It was sensitive if I bumped it but I was on a roll with that quilt! Now it's laying on hubby's pool table waiting for borders because a D9P urge overwhelmed me.

Yes, and I also didn't want to bleed on my project which happened to be white. Luckily I didn't.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast