Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever gone on a scrapping cruise? >

Has anyone ever gone on a scrapping cruise?

Has anyone ever gone on a scrapping cruise?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:28 AM

I really want to go on a quilting cruise but wonder if I would really enjoy it Because I always feel like there is so much I want to do and i might feel like i am missing to many other actitivties. Well, that and sea days are my favorite, I love laying in the warm sun and reading a book out on deck.

I would check the quilt shops, I have seen some that have fliers/flyers (sp?) on the counter for an upcoming cruise.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by baslp View Post
Sorry.. I meant to type quilting. I am also scrapbooker, I guess I mixed up my 2 hobbies. I will check that magazine.
I didn't even notice the mistake until I started reading responses. I'm also a scrapbooker and a quilter and have considered cruises for both hobbies, but have not had the funds available for either.

Cheers, K
Old 11-21-2011, 04:19 PM

There is one called quiltatsea that I was looking into. Looks fun. You should book one and come back to tell us about it.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 PM

I don't go on scrapping cruises--I cruise for scraps: flea markets, yard sales, thrift stores, back of the closet.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron View Post
I don't go on scrapping cruises--I cruise for scraps: flea markets, yard sales, thrift stores, back of the closet.
ditto
Old 11-26-2011, 05:05 PM

Me too. I paid $2 for a home made tablecloth yesterday with fabric that will be nice for a charity quilt backing. At that price I can afford to give quilts away.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:36 AM

I have and I have not....let me explain! It just so happened that my quilting buddies and I decided to take a cruise together and unbeknown to us it was a quilting cruise. We had not booked for the quilting cruise, but did peek our heads in to check it out. All the ladies were having a blast...they were quilting so of course they were happy! But, I must say this.....the room they were in had no windows....they could have been quilting anyplace, if you know what I mean. I do know that the cost of these quilt cruises are crazy. I know you are paying for the classes, too, but still it's way over priced. Make sure you know what type of cabin you are paying for......inside cabins should be reserved for bats only, in my opinion LOL. My group bought handwork to do on deck, we found more than enough to do without quilting. We had a long talk about doing a quiting cruise and we all agreed that we got a much better deal and just enjoyed each others company, our handwork and all that ship offered. Bottom line.....don't waste the money on a quilt cruise instead get about 4 quilting buddies and book your own cruise. Have fun....dang now I want to be at sea!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM

I would love to go too!!! I have been wondering how it all works. Will follow this thread as needed. I know there are a few coming up. There is one to Alaska, that I saw sometime back. Sounded like they supplied everything, sewing machines, fabric for the 2 quilts you make on the trip. I understand that most people only quilt in the early morning and evenings and they enjoy the cruise the rest of the day. Based on what I heard....which may or may not be....there are instructors and they help with everything. They have their quilt ready and on display and you get all the fabric to cut and put together and they are there to help out and give tips. They have drawing and other fun things during the cruise and they are available in the room where this all takes place for the most part for 8 to 10 hours of the day and into the early evening. You can sew away!!!!!