Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever used Deb Tucker's (Studio 180) techniques? >

Has anyone ever used Deb Tucker's (Studio 180) techniques?

Has anyone ever used Deb Tucker's (Studio 180) techniques?

Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 AM

Default Has anyone ever used Deb Tucker's (Studio 180) techniques?

Has anyone ever used Deb Tucker's (Studio 180) techniques/rulers/die cuts? http://www.youtube.com/user/DebTuckerStudio180#g/u

I am new to quilting and just wondering if the rulers she offers are a good value (i.e. project specific or usable for other designs). Money around here is in short supply so if I am just wondering if there are lesser expensive rulers/die cuts that will accomplish the same thing.

Disclaimer: I have no vested financial interest in her items.

Shari
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

My opinion is to buy standard size rotary cutter rulers first. Add the specialty rulers when you know which shapes give you the most frustration trying to cut. I have used the Hunter Star Rapid Fire and it did save me a lot of time. Usually I paper pieced that block so the ruler was a nice change.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
Has anyone ever used Deb Tucker's (Studio 180) techniques/rulers/die cuts? http://www.youtube.com/user/DebTuckerStudio180#g/u

I am new to quilting and just wondering if the rulers she offers are a good value (i.e. project specific or usable for other designs). Money around here is in short supply so if I am just wondering if there are lesser expensive rulers/die cuts that will accomplish the same thing.

Disclaimer: I have no vested financial interest in her items.

Shari
Shari, I have several of Deb's rulers and LOVE them! One nice thing is that she has videos and illustrations of her projects online if you ever get stuck. If you want to make a quilt that she offers a ruler for and so does another company, I would say to buys her's. I have seen Deb at several shows demoing and she is a wonderful woman who will happily work with any quilter who runs into any problems with any of her products.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:24 PM

I just became a devoted fan of the Wing Clipper at a quilting retreat this weekend. Never have I made so many Flying Geese units so fast and so accurately. I was using a borrowed ruler at the retreat, but this week I will go buy my own.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM

I made a 1930's quilt for my daughter with the Tucker Trimmer. Very easy to work with and great instructions. I purchased last year at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 PM

Thanks for your replies - I've been looking for her rulers locally but have not had any luck. I really would prefer to support my LC's but it looks like I will be ordering from her site.

I've read her background (architecture, teacher, etc.). I like the way she breaks down a (to me) complicated pattern and makes it so easy.

I'm still organizing my sewing area - hopefully within a couple of weeks I can get one or more of my antique Singer's oiled up and whirring away - after Super Bowl Sunday.

Shari
Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM

I saw her stuff at a show last march, had already spent to much by then so I didn't buy anything. But thanks to this post I will go order a couple that I was impressed with while watching her demo! thanks for the reminder!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:43 PM

I have never even heard of this before. I am learning so much stuff to go look at and buy. hmmm, this places costs me a lot of $$.lol
Old 01-29-2012, 05:46 PM

I do have one and never used it. I will have to check it out soon. This was post before and i think most everyone seemed to like it.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:54 PM

Very cool - will look for this at the Dallas quilt show in March....yeah a new tool in my future.