Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Has anyone here made the Dizzy Geese Quilt?

I finished this quilt about 2 months ago. What a time consuming job. Well over 400 flying geese. Yes, I counted them!!!! Most of the geese I paper pieced then I switched off using the large square and four smaller square method. It took me at least a month working everyday, 6-8 hours a day to complete it. Certainly not for the faint hearted. Be glad to answer any questions you may have just PM me.

I have made this quilt and its not that bad really....... I did paper piece the borders, did the blocks the usual way. Did you cut your triangles cross grain? maybe they are stretching a bit? Dont give up, just starch, press and trim. I dont recall using a scant 1/4" seam,,,, maybe try a scrap block with the full 1/4" ?

I am making a Dizzy Geese quilt top. It is a difficult pattern to make but so worth the effort. My geese were a tad too small for my center star and when put together, gave my block an "A" cup..... I found that by stitching the small squares just beside the line made the difference for me. You just have to figure out what works for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by maryb119; 11-10-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: add pic

Hi there, I just looked up the quilt and it is an amazing quilt. Good luck and I hope that we get to see the finished project.
    Andrea

[QUOTE=katiemedarlin;4023380] I think this is an intermediate quilt, don't you? No set in seams (haven't quite mastered that yet, still get little puckers). I'm sure I can do this if I can just work past my issues. QUOTE]

I may be able to help you with this problem since I have no clue about the flying geese problem. I think you my be taking one stitch too many when you are doing you set-in seams. I know one stitch doesn't seem like much but it did cause my first couple of attempts to pucker. Also when do set-in seams make sure you back tack.

Angie

Blog Entries
    This link isn't for the Dizzy Geese, but it is for geese in a circle. http://www.bryerpatch.com/pattern/pattern.htm

This pattern is on my bucket list!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I have made this. It took me 8 hours to complete the first block after redoing 4 times. You have to make sure your 1/4 inch is right on. When you put together the corner clocks move your needle once or twice to the right. I used the "scant" 1.4 inch for the entire corner block. This is absolutely the key to making it all fit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3