Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone here seen this?? >

Has anyone here seen this??

Has anyone here seen this??

Old 09-02-2013, 08:51 AM

Default Has anyone here seen this??

My sweet DIL, (she and my son are huge University of Texas fans) asked whether I might make a tablerunner for an upcoming game party.

Should I just use UT fabrics on an oblong quilt-as-you-go strip - jelly roll style........or has anyone seen a Texas tablerunner of any sort?

TIA!

~skeetersmom

Last edited by skeetersmom; 09-02-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: left out a phrase.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:49 AM

I saw one with large diamonds running down the center to show off the UT fabric. It had the orange and black framing the diamond with hst's and borders of the UT fabric and orange. I don't remember where I saw it just remember I liked the pattern because you would not need a pattern to make it.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
I saw one with large diamonds running down the center to show off the UT fabric. It had the orange and black framing the diamond with hst's and borders of the UT fabric and orange. I don't remember where I saw it just remember I liked the pattern because you would not need a pattern to make it.
Oh my gracious.......that sounds perfect. Please come back and post where you saw it when you remember. I would so appreciate it.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:43 PM

Sorry I can't remember where I saw it. You could make the pattern by cutting the size of the diamonds you want and cutting the solids the same size and making HST's. Sew them together to form a block, sew them together in a row and put on your binding. You could make it as long as you want it. I wish I could remember where I saw it but it was a year or two back and I can't remember but I thought it was so pretty and I remembered it.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:13 PM

There's a pattern called, "Four Hour Tablerunner." It has four large squares and four patches...not hard and would work with your fabric. Have fun whatever you decide! :-)
Old 09-03-2013, 01:57 AM

Thanks to each of you for your suggestions..........just gonna try it!
Old 09-04-2013, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by skeetersmom View Post
My sweet DIL, (she and my son are huge University of Texas fans) asked whether I might make a tablerunner for an upcoming game party.

Should I just use UT fabrics on an oblong quilt-as-you-go strip - jelly roll style........or has anyone seen a Texas tablerunner of any sort?

TIA!

~skeetersmom
Hi Dear- I'm a native Texan and also a big UT fan as is my son. I'm a UT graduate. I just left a site before I clicked on the board that has lots of Texas fabrics, in their Quilts Across Texas line- Not UT fabrics though. But there was a table runner made frrom Texas fabrics. The site is Stitchin' Heaven. You could make one of the 10 minute runners with UT fabric for the center and burnt orange or just white for the border. That would be quick and pick up their love of UT as well. There are several Texas panels. I'm getting read to order some of their Texas line myself. Good Luck!!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 AM

I am looking for a new quilt to start. I am interested in the one/two piece blocks (like the tumbler, applecore). My problem is that i dont know the names of many. I would appreciate anyhelp in finding the names to check out. Thanks in advance for your time.

Originally Posted by skeetersmom View Post

TIA!

~skeetersmom
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM

Have not seen a UT table runner but our WM had lots of UT fabrics (both cotton and fleece) the other day when I got my Houston Texans fabric.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:17 PM

I've seen quite a few (old Longhorn here <G>). You could look for an outline of Bevo and do that in the center. Or how about the four T's pattern. Here's a good version of that one:

Traditional version: http://quilting.about.com/od/anniver...al_t_quilt.htm

Reverse: http://quilting.about.com/od/blockof...ck-Pattern.htm

As for Bevo, you could do an appliquéd version, or a pieced version using HSTs.

For appliqué, try http://longhorn.fanatics.com/COLLEGE...s_Collectibles. There are some small pics you can copy to a document and enlarge to the size you want (where there's a will, there's a way). Somewhere I do have a pieced Bevo, but I can't find it. Hope this helps some.