Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Has anyone refurbised a 221 case? >
  • Has anyone refurbised a 221 case?

• Has anyone refurbised a 221 case?

Old 09-18-2011, 06:50 PM

I used black liquid shoe polish on the outside. It looks good. Covered a multitude of scuff marks. Glued loose places down with crazy glue.
    Old 09-19-2011, 03:51 AM

Armor All works nicely - I cleaned up the metal parts, touched up with a permanent magic marker and then used my husband's car's Armor All and it is beautiful - have done the same for two friends cases.
    When I first received my machine from ebay, I used a cloth damp with Spore a Clean ( Xyme Away now) on the case and wiped down both the inside and outside, I set it out in the sun for 3 days and then put dryer sheets inside and closed it up for three more days. Then I cleaned up the latches very carefully with a toothbrush and tooth paste (brillo soap pad on some of the rust), then used the armor all on the outside and shined it up. Beautiful - did the other two cases the same. When I put it away, I put a dryer sheet in it.
    Old 09-19-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven
    Armor All works nicely - I cleaned up the metal parts, touched up with a permanent magic marker and then used my husband's car's Armor All and it is beautiful - have done the same for two friends cases.
    When I first received my machine from ebay, I used a cloth damp with Spore a Clean ( Xyme Away now) on the case and wiped down both the inside and outside, I set it out in the sun for 3 days and then put dryer sheets inside and closed it up for three more days. Then I cleaned up the latches very carefully with a toothbrush and tooth paste (brillo soap pad on some of the rust), then used the armor all on the outside and shined it up. Beautiful - did the other two cases the same. When I put it away, I put a dryer sheet in it.
    Gonna try all of the above...thanks so much