Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone sewn covers for a lazy boy seat and arm rests?

Question Has anyone sewn covers for a lazy boy seat and arm rests?

My parents have a new lift lazy boy, my mother insists on placing folded towels on the seat to protect it and I know would like to put something on the arm rests. I know this may not be a bad idea as the possiblility is there to have spills on both the seats and arm rests. Anyone been creative and sewn something quilty for this purpose? Thanks for any idea!

Our furbabies love to curl up in ours, so I just made a small quilt the size of the seat plus about 4 in. for tucking in. I put it on the seat, tuck in the extra under the back and arms and it stays put. Comes off for washing and keeps hair and dirt off the chair. Just yesterday my SO asked me to make a wide quilted runner to match that he can lay over the back as he often comes in from working outside for a break and doesn't want to sweat on the chair. One more project on my list now.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Try table runners made to fit arms

Oh my gosh the recliner cover is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

I actually just did this but used terry cloth. I made a rectangle as wide as the seat and a little longer to tuck in and for the head rest I made the rectangle long enough to flip over the back some to stay in place. Makes it nice and easy to take off and launder. Stops all the sweat and also spills. Wish I had done it sooner and saved my upholstery sooner.

I am thinking of backing it with flannel. It might? be less likely to slide. What do you think?

Blog Entries
    Love the tutorial...going to do that for my very favorite "old" Lazy-Boy. And when I say old I am talking 1960's. My mom bought it and it still works great and I love it. Usually just keep a quilt thrown over it, but have to rearrange it all the time. Thanks for your post.