Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone sewn a scrappy warm wishes quilt?

Has anyone sewn a scrappy warm wishes quilt?

I am still trying to figure what I am doing next. I like the warm wishes quilt, have done one. I am trying to use some old embroidered pillow cases and wonder about doing a warm wishes with all of the blocks. I have to think on this one for awhile before I decide. Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    I would think if you want to retain the "pattern" of the warm wishes, you would have to use scraps that are similar in color/scale in place of the single fabrics you would otherwise select. Check out some of the scrap quilts on Quiltville. If you plan carefully, you should be able to do it.

http://www.quiltville.com/

Blog Entries
    where can i see one of these quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fromzstore View Post
    where can i see one of these quilts
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...m+wishes+quilt
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I've done one that the focus fabric was scraps but the strips weren't.

After doing lots of searching, thought the blocks will be light and from the embroidered pieces, with a like color from the embroidery for the strips outside of each block, the only consistent fabric will be the middle sashing (or what looks sashing strips) Not sure if this will be what I want, but the idea I have settled on. I am after more of a lighter washed out look on the quilt as a whole. I have sewn one before, completely opposite and it was very easy. Actually it was one of my first quilts. Thanks for your ideas, I appreciate all comments.

I have thought of the strips closest to the blocks and it would take a lot of planning, to get them all spaced right, so am back to the drawing board again. Thanks

I still am planning on using the embroidery in the blocks. So will see. And I have some fabric to go with it, too.