Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone use the Elmers Sticky Dot Stamper

Has anyone ever used the Elmer's Sticky Dot Stamper to adhere quilting paper or what ever to fabric? I am curious if it washes out if I were to use it to attach a quilt stencil pattern to my fabric to keep the stencil in place while I sew through my quilting paper.

Blog Entries
    Is it a washable glue? Maybe try some on scraps and see how it washes out :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Should say washable used Donets to pp entire quilts

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Is it a washable glue? Maybe try some on scraps and see how it washes out :D:D:D
    That's what I'm trying to find out before I waste my money buying it. It says it's safe on fabrics but I just want to know if it washes out. :)

What is Donets?

I'm not sure if Elmers is the brand that I used (and I'm not home to check), but I had a sticky dot thingey that I got from one of the catalog houses. I wanted it specifically to hold tracing paper to the quilt top so I could quilt a traced pattern.

Well .. I can't say it was a successful venture, although to give the product it's full due ... flanel was NOT the best choice of fabric to try! I know, not one of my brightest moments.

Anyway, these "dots" are meant to be "peeled" off. They're like that sticky gel stuff that just "peels" of of products to hold labels on bottles etc.

I can say though that it DID work to tack paper to my wall!! AND it peeled off.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    I wanted it specifically to hold tracing paper to the quilt top so I could quilt a traced pattern.
    That's what I'm wanting to use it for. Just wondering if it actually peels off. :D

Has anyone tried Elmers sticky dots yet?

Never tried them. Sorry I can help you. I would use a small square of the scrap material (the same fabric you are using) and do a test wash before I actually did the quilt. Too bad 3M doesn't make a Command strip for quilters; they seem to have one for everything else.

Blog Entries
    Wonder Tape works better then the glue dots. It washes out and is double sided.
    Got fabric?