Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used the "Klutz Glove" made by Fons & Porter ?

I was wondering if any of you ladies have experience with the Klutz glove by Fons and Porter. I was thinking of buying it and then read in the site "Worst tools you ever bought" and someone had listed it as it says on the back "glove is cut-resistant, not cut proof, and not puncture resistant. DO NUT USE near moving or serrated blades"

I don't suppose these would be good for filleting a fish, but I'm pretty sure they are just fine for quilting.

Blog Entries
    I bought it thinking it was for quilting...its not its a glove so that you use so that you do not cut your fingers...one glove for 24.00....I got it for half the price...total waste of money for me...

The klutz glove is the same as you use at the meat slicer in the restaurant business and it's very effective.

But, I bought a similar glove at Harbor Freight for about $3.

I went to Harbor Freight and found 3 pairs of gloves with little blue nubs on them, there is no right or left and they are printed the same on both sides.I paid 2.99 for them and figure I'll have them for a while.Quite a deal, I think.

I bought one too and it must be someplace around here....I used it a few times but found it to be a nuisance, and besides that, just be careful as we all know to do anyway.

I found one at Hobby lobby on sale for $3.00 and I like it. It was hanging on the wall with all the clearance items. I saw the price was marked down several times. I was just lucky.

I use it all the time and I like it. Would not want the alternative....being cut.

Thanks for the great answers ladies.

Spend the money now on the glove and use all the time instead of wishing you had bought one or wished I had put it on, instead of hospital visit and losing the tip of your fingers. It does hurt. 9 stitches is no feeling is not fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast