Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone used this batting?

Simplicity traditional loft batting

I noticed it was extremely inexpensive on sale at joann's and wondered why??? Is it awful? Maybe they are trying to get rid of the stock they have. Thought I would check with all my quilting friends here on the board to see what you think.

I usually purchase warm n natural, but with the increase in prices I'm not against giving a different brand a try.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I used their poly one ages ago once as I bought it on sale somewhere and I found it patchy and stretchy so I went back to my Quilters Dream - Blend or Poly, depending on the project... I think as in all things, you get what you pay for.

I use it in some of my Project Linus quilts. It is your basic batting, and is patchy and stretchy, but it works out fine when I use it with flannel quilts. It is on sale now at Joann's, so you could always try one out to see what you think. Let us know!

I tried it and thought it was extremely thin.It would probably be ok for a summer weight quilt but not for warmth

Thanks for your input. I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Seemed a bit odd to be soooo much cheaper then all other battings.

Tomorrow off to buy warm n natural.