Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Has anyone used this fabric & it bleed?

I would use it. But I'd make sure to tell the recipient to only wash in cold water, and I'd maybe hand them a box of colour catchers with it Can you discuss with your customer/friend and see what he thinks? Show him the current state (not the early ones), and tell him what the risk is of bleeding. Then see if he's willing to take the care required to maintain the look of the quilt, before you put the red fabric on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    I would use it. But I'd make sure to tell the recipient to only wash in cold water, and I'd maybe hand them a box of colour catchers with it Can you discuss with your customer/friend and see what he thinks? Show him the current state (not the early ones), and tell him what the risk is of bleeding. Then see if he's willing to take the care required to maintain the look of the quilt, before you put the red fabric on it.
    Yep, I just got back from seeing my friend and showing him my color catchers, he said yep it looks good and sew it on and he will take good care of it...I also had another gal who is wayy more experienced then I with fabric & quilting, take a look at the material and my latest color catchers and she said "Yes it is done bleeding and safe to sew together" thank goodness! I guess I just was soo paranoid after seeing so much pink everything looked pink haha but all is well and I am glad these last 3 days are behind me now...continue on with lessons learned!!
    LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE

Name:  A.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  127.9 KBName:  B.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  82.6 KB

Finally I got it done. I had to wash the backing fabric 12 times and treat it with Retayne twice. Finally my color catchers came out white.
    LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE

Your quilt is wonderful! Aren't you glad you took precautions with that backing fabric?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6