Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has this happened to you

Blog Entries
    When I first joined a small quilting group I wasn't able to read & understand a pattern. A lady said you don't need to buy a pattern for that, it's easy. Then she proceed to explain how to do it, while I made notes. Half way through she says oops I'm thinking of another pattern. Of course I really remembered the wrong instructions :-(

Blog Entries
    yes

I had a math teacher that used to do that.....buy a book, and ask your questions here on the board.

yep; buy a book or pattern(book is better value if you are new to quilting)and ask questions on this board. Also you can use the tuts from many places. Many people like www.MissouriStarQuilts.com

Enjoy looking forward to giving you a hand ~ we all share the same passion.

Yes, ask your questions on the board. But don't be surprised when you get 10 different answers. All of them may be right, too.

And even if we all do not give you the same instructions, we reserve the right to think our way is best--and argue passionately about it!! Love this board and the swift answers to frantic questions.

That is true, you'll probably get as many different explainations and ways of doing something as there are responses and not one of them will be the way your instructions read.... but we mean well.

Well actually different answers are good because there are different types of learners. The ones that make sense to you are from someone who learns like you do--so everybody keep posting your fellow learners need you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybrarian
    Well actually different answers are good because there are different types of learners. The ones that make sense to you are from someone who learns like you do--so everybody keep posting your fellow learners need you!
    This is so true, may be the left brain--right brain thing. :P

I'm not creative enough to come up with my own patterns. I buy them or get at least blocks free online and work from there. Ask away - everyone is here to help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast