Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: This has to be one of the Dumbest Questions?

Blog Entries
    I don't understand how to cut my squares or how to sew in order to leave enough room to cut the little picecs that shows up on the quilt top.I understand if i'm cutting say a 7 inch sq. then how far do i leave to cut after i sew the sq,'s together.Told u this would be the dumb of the dumbest questions u fine folks would ever answer.
    Thanks in advance for all the help i can get i've never made one of the rag quilts but i sure do love the looks of them :oops:

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    I think that you sew with a 1/2 inch seam allowance to give you enough room to make the clips in your seam. Then wash the quilt to make it fray where you clipped it.

1/2" is a good size seam allowance. Some people will use a 1" seam allowance, personally I don't like it that big.
    With a 7" square, it will leave you with a 6" finished size in your quilt.

1/2 in is good.

Blog Entries
    I want to say Thanks to all of u wonderful folks, u people make me feel right at home here i was really about afarid to ask this question but i have never even saw a quilt like this before i came here and oh i have fell over hills in Love with them Thanks Again(:)

Quote Originally Posted by mountain-moma
    I want to say Thanks to all of u wonderful folks, u people make me feel right at home here i was really about afarid to ask this question but i have never even saw a quilt like this before i came here and oh i have fell over hills in Love with them Thanks Again(:)
    Soooooooooo glad you ask, I had no idea either! :lol: :lol:
    This is such a great place full of information, and I learn something new everyday!

Also take them to a commercial laundry to dry them or empty your lint screen out several times. They can clog your dryer up really fast. They are so fast and easy to make that you can get one done in a day.

I do mine with 1/2 in. to. I washed the one i made for my daughter for Christmas around 3 times. She just washed it the other day. She called me and said it was only in the dryer for 10 min. and the lint thing was full...LOL I told her to check it alot. They do fray alot.

nope! Dumb questions doesn't excist, only dumb answers.

Glad you asked, I learned something new! Thanks. :)

Great question I think and you got the right answer for all of us that did not know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast