Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: have any of you made a double wedding ring using "The Rings that Bind" method?

have any of you made a double wedding ring using "The Rings that Bind" method?

I saw the video on you tube and just ordered the book that comes with the tool and was wondering if any of you have tried it? Is it really as easy as they make it look?
    Gail in Utah

Blog Entries
    I saw that same video and also bought the book but I haven't tried it yet. I saw a couple of reviews that said it was not as easy as it looked but I'm gonna watch this to see what others say.
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    Are you talking about faythe and her pink pieces? If so yes. I kept on watching the utube ate each section.
    3 pictures.
    1. Is finished block
    2. My neat and tidy work area.
    3 this is one ninety of the finished quilt. I did my method of quilt as you go sections. Machined fronts and hand stitched backs the quilted over the join.
    Sorry can't find fuller picture and been given
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Finished is better than a UFO

I don't think that is the same one. The one I'm talking about is QAYG circles. It looks like a lot of steps but I loved the idea of using border fabrics instead of piecing or strip piecing.
    Gail in Utah

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    Are you talking about faythe and her pink pieces? If so yes. I kept on watching the utube ate each section.
    3 pictures.
    1. Is finished block
    3 this is one ninety of the finished quilt. I did my method of quilt as you go sections. Machined fronts and hand stitched backs the quilted over the join.
    i love your use of plaids!
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gail-r View Post
    I don't think that is the same one. The one I'm talking about is QAYG circles. It looks like a lot of steps but I loved the idea of using border fabrics instead of piecing or strip piecing.
    Gail, Dottymo's post IS quilt as you go circles. I was fascinated with them years ago when I saw Kaye Wood demonstrate them on TV. It's on my to do list.
    Nancy in western NY

Pretty! But, looks like something way over my head.

Blog Entries
    I took a class on Rings that Bind. It was simple. It takes a lot of fabric. I used muslin for my background and scrappy for the rings. I used up a lot of fat quarters and loads of muslin. The best part about it is when you are done you are done! The saving of no LA, and the time to do it, balances out the amount of fabric used. Here is a written tutorial with pictures for it. http://www.punchwithjudy.com.au/shop...-tutorial.html
    Got fabric?

Thanks BellaBoo, that is what I was wanting to hear. I should have the book and tool in a couple of days and have gone through my stash and think I have enough to make a tablerunner for my learning project. hugs
    Gail in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    3 pictures.
    1. Is finished block
    I love your quilt and your colors are very pretty and festive. Hugs.
    Gail in Utah

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast