Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have got to tell someone or I'll burst!

How exciting. And you're funding it with your (ex) smoking money. Great situation all around. You'll love the 301. It's what I learned to sew on. Don't know about the Bernina but I've heard good things. Hope you can squeeze in some sewing time while you're still in school.

I'm loving your post. The luck of the Irish was with you today. Sounds like a fun day.

I'm so happy for you! That's a great deal on the 430. I recently got a used 440 and love it. I got a BSN 15 years ago, and that's working out nicely too :) My brother quit smoking a month ago, which has made me so happy. You have many successes in your near future, God willing.

Lucky you what a great find. I own a bernina and you will love yours,I only had one problem - ME - took it to the repairman, and he showed me how to clean it properly and it is just a dream to use! I didn't know that I could take off the throat plate to clean under there. So if you hear it starting to make a noise, check out the dust and lint that collects. Suggestion was to clean it every 12-15 hours of sewing...Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by DesiG
    I will be done with the BSN in about 6 weeks, so far I am just practicing FMQ on my 301 and 9x12 squares in between doing homework. (and reading this board)!
    If I'd been on this board in nursing school, I might not have finished. You must be very disciplined!

Blog Entries
    I can only imagine how you must feel! SMUG? Does that sum it up? No, really it sounds like "just rewards". Congratulations! I got my slightly used Pfaff Expressions 3.0 for the same as you got your Bernina so I "feel" your joy!

Congrats on quitting smoking, finding a machine, graduation, quilting......just a great, super day for you. Enjoy all your riches!

One more good reason to quit smoking!
    Special congrats on the quitting smoking, it is really difficult to do, I see patients struggle with this every day, folks with life threatening illnesses who can't quit. I quit several years ago, but interestingly enough, I started smoking in nursing school, those late night studying (and playing cards in the dorm).

Blog Entries
    Good for you. I'm glad you decided to give up smoking, and now you'll have an awesome machine to show for it. :thumbup:

Good for you. Hope you get to bring your new baby home real soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast