Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have QB people tried area gatherings? >

Have QB people tried area gatherings?

Have QB people tried area gatherings?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:59 AM

When I went to Austin TX to visit my son, I PM'd members on the board that lived in Austin and arranged a get together for all of us, we had a great time!

Now I'm in Yakima WA for the summer so I did the same and we're going on our second road trip this Saturday!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 AM

I ahve had several here and this saturday we are going to meet the Mckinney quilters on qb. ALso had retreats for QB members. Have one going in October. California has lots of memebers. Hope you find members to join you with this post.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 AM

I don't get down that far south very often, but I'd certainly be happy to call or email you and see if you'll available to visit in person when I'm down that way, or if you ever get a chance to go to northeast CA, I'd be happy to visit and show you around our little town. Just PM me if you want to do any of the above.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 PM

there is three of us in Ocala Florida that try and get together for lunch once a month
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Hi Sierra,

Waving from the Sacramento area. I think it would be nice to hook up some time. Colfax is just up the road. I'd love to hear more about your interest in art quilts. It's an area I always thought I'd dabble in.

pm me

Martina
Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 PM

greenini in Atlanta: I don't live very far from Atl (Carrollton, Ga) and would be thrilled to drive into the city at any time to meet with fellow quilters.....My only problem is that I don't drive very well at night, especially on ATL freeways ! I would be glad to help you organize a get together at any time. Since I'm now retired I am very flexible in helping you get it together. I have children that live in ATL and would have a place to stay for a multi-day event.

Too, if any fellow quilters in the Carrollton area are interested in getting together here locally I would be thrilled.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:00 PM

I've never tried to organize a get together in my area, but I am beginning to see more members from East TN on the QB. Good suggestions here.