Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have a question about Project Linus

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Have a question about Project Linus

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but....

I have a question for those of you who do Project Linus......Are the quilts primarily for babies or do you also make them for older kids as well. Reason being is I have a few tops I started for local charities and thought I would pass them on to someone on here to finish and use for their project linus.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Project Linus is for older children too, I believe.

www.projectlinus.org
    Heather

Blog Entries
    I recently googled their website. Then checked Louisiana. They have contact people info in Shreveport and Baton Rouge. They will point you in the right direction for your area. I think our Guild in Jena are going to do some for a group prpject this year. Hope this helps. My understanding all ages and all sizes. PM me for the e-mail address of the contact person in Shreveport.
    Last edited by erstan947; 02-04-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Project Linus makes blankets for newborns through age 18. Each local chapter decides where the blankets will be donated in their community, so the needs vary.
    Because blanketeers find it easier and less expensive to make small blankets, almost all chapters seem to be short of blankets for older children.

Dayle

In our PL group, we make most of the blankets 45x60. That size is good for all children.

I am a PL coordinator. We give quilts to premies up to 18 yrs old. Sizes from premie to twin size. Fabrics MUST be new 100% cotton, no religious prints. Dayle is correct in that most people tend to make the small blankets, and most people like to stick to a size that WOF will work for backing.
    May the scrap fairy visit your sewing room often