Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Have you been on a quilting cruise?

Be sure and read all of the Terms. Some have the right to change the instructors. It is in the very small print and you have to look hard for the link. It was an expensive lesson.

Not yet, but my sister is paying for the 2 of us to go on a Sisterhood of Quilters cruise in 8/11 to Alaska. Will be gone 7 days and will be taking a class on board ship to make a wall hanging. She and I both hand quilt but Bernina will be furnishing machines for those who machine quilt. We will be in 3 separate ports and go to quilt shops. We're both trying to save money to buy fabric in at least ONE of the shops.

Blog Entries
    I've checked in to a few but you must fly to either FL or CA and that really ups the price for me being so far away from either....I would love to go on one tho someday

We're flying from Detroit to Seattle.

We're flying from Detroit to Seattle.

I did something similar two times. A friend of mine who owns a little quilt shop organized a handquilting workshop on the ferry from Kiel in Germany to Oslo in Norway and I had the honor being the teacher! Oslo is such a wonderful city and I love Norway a lot. The trips were absolutely great!

I haven't taken any cruise before but have seen the advertisements in quilting magazines. Somehow it doesn't make sense to me. Why would you want to be sitting at a sewing machine indoors missing the outdoor activity. Even if the outdoor activity is sitting in a lounge chair on deck with a good drink in my hand. I have a hard time deciding when I am at home whether to go upstairs to my sewing room or stay outside planting flowers or pulling weeds. HMMM, all the flowers are planted, so it is down to weeds or quilting. Up stairs I go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3