Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you even used????? >

Have you even used?????

Have you even used?????

Old 08-20-2014, 07:02 AM

Hey nana-up-north I've heard that you could buy oven liners and they do just as good as the super sliders. And they are a LOT cheaper.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by tootsie00 View Post
Could you post the video link you looked at? I'm new to FMQing, and only saw the clips used on bindings.
I use the small wonder clips instead of pins when using the machine to finish up the binding. Haven't used when I FMQ as I either use pins or spray adhesive to baste the quilt. The clips would be in the way.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:23 PM

I am sorry that I can't post the video that I saw the jumbo clips used on, because I was just surfing and pulling up anything that I thought would be informative. I am talking about using the jumbo clips, not for binding, but to hold the pinned or spray basted, or however you prep your quilt to be quilted, in a roll, making it more compact to slide through the harp. I have used the bicycle clips, but they don't stay in place or hold tight. You can search online for JUMBO wonder clips and see what I am talking about. I checked with both quilt shops in town today, but all they handle are the smaller ones that people use to hold their binding. I thank all for the input and info. Guess I will go online and order a package of them, and test them out and let you know how they work.