Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever found fabric and can't remember which quilt it came from? >

Have you ever found fabric and can't remember which quilt it came from?

Have you ever found fabric and can't remember which quilt it came from?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

I admit that over the years, I have neglected to get pictures of my projects. In my earlier years, it didn't even cross my mind. I just gave the things away! Now I am getting better at getting those pics!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 AM

I take pictures of all my quilts, and keep a picture in an actual album, with the date and person I gave it to. I now have files on my computer as well.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 AM

I am with you - when I finish a quilt and gift it, I am ready for the next frontier. The other day my DD was admiring a Craftsy BOM block, (I am using my scrap stash) - and was so excited, she pointed out a piece of my 18 years old grandson baby quilt! I didn't remember it at all. And I thought it was oldheimer's setting in.

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I have been quilting so long , I don't remember the quilts that some of the fabrics had their orgins. I don't take photos. It bothers some that I never take a photo, but it does not phase me in the least. When I am finished with a quilt , I am really finished with it. For me its all about the next one.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 AM

I just started taking pictures. I never did that before, but it's never too late to start. I also have a journal/diary that I got with a magazine subscription a long time ago. There is nothing written in it. Maybe it's time to start before I forget all the quilts that I have made. Of course, I have most of the most recent, past 3-4 years waiting to be finished. That is my goal for the summer--finish some of my UFO's. Wish me luck!
Sue
Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 AM

I haven't been quilting as long as some of you, so maybe this will change for me, lol. I don't always remember the quilt and what pattern it was, but I almost always remember the fabric. Once, I pulled a box out from under the bed in my sewing room and found a whole bunch of unfamiliar fabric. I was horrified, I couldn't believe I had all this fabric and didn't even recognize it. Then I remembered that I had bought it all from one woman at a yard sale; it was all florals for watercolor quilts. What a relief -- I had never handled them or picked them out individually.

I guess because I love fabric, I always remember it. At least so far...

And I do take pictures of my quilts now.