Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever had a pattern you couldn't wrap your brain around?

Have you ever had a pattern you couldn't wrap your brain around?

Have you ever done that? Had a pattern you couldn't wrap your brain around? I am currently working on a Lover's Knot pattern, which I really really like. I thought I had it right in my head, but I seem to keep getting lost in it.

Probably I got lost when I took a week off to help my husband tile the bathroom floor, so I am trying to forgive myself. But I certainly feel lost right now. I guess I will read the instructions again and just plow back in. Yup, that should do it. Cross your fingers for me...and it probably doesn't help that I am adjusting the size to a size not mentioned anywhere....so I am a bit unsure how many more squares I need. All in good time...right?

Here is where I am now. Should I get my brain going right, I think it will look quite good.

Dina
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I understand where you are coming from. I have a block I "designed" and everytime I work on it I piece the blocks incorrectly. No one to blame buy myself!

Blog Entries
    I haven't used this pattern but yours is going to be beautiful. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Looks fabulous so far. Re read the instructions and go through the steps again, and again and again. I have even made a trial block or several from scraps when I get stuck on a pattern.
    Good luck, it is awesome.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Power Poster
    Looking good! It is one of those patterns where a design wall really helps. You can do it!

Looks great! I woke my DH one morning at 3 a.m in tears because I couldn't understand this pattern.

http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/pdf-f...iday-gift-bags

I was so frustrated. I can't read instructions and see how it is suppose to be, I have to see it. I could not figure it out. He took one look at it and tucked it perfectly and went right back to sleep.
    I love my life!

That's going to be so pretty. It definitely looks confusing to me! I'd screw it up for sure. When I have a complicated pattern, I make a photocopy and use a highlighter pen to mark off the design as I assemble all the pieces on the design wall.
    Lori

trying to stay grateful

I haven't made a lover's knot but I have done a few that I have had to make certain the blocks are correct then just trust the designer. Sometimes, they don't work out till the very end. Like a suspense novel. Love the purples!

Blog Entries
    Check the tutorials section. There is an excellent tute there by Nanna Up North. Might be helpful to you. http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/lovers-knot-quilt-t250247.html
    Last edited by noveltyjunkie; 07-27-2014 at 12:24 PM.

I couldn't figure out how to do paper piecing. I took a class which got me to understand it.

Lovers know is a beautiful pattern. Hope you get it worked out.
    Sue Wilson

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast