Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever made a quilt to remind you of a place?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Such as... somewhere you lived, or took a trip to?

If so, please share your story about the place, and the quilt.

:-D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I lived in France for six years and this is my quilt featuring an appliqued picture of my house there - the pattern for the rows I adapted from the French quilting magazine I used to subscribe to (Quiltmania) and it's all hand pieced, hand appliqued and hand quilted, which is how I started quilting. The 3 mini quilts are also hand pieced and made individually, they hang on the line with mini clothes pegs and measure about 4" x 3". The quilt now hangs on the upstairs landing here in my house in England. :-D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I plan to do a storm at sea. It reminds me of the coast of Maine where we vacation (love that place, love that pattern).

I made a mini quilt for another quilter based on places she had been.
    It's just little retro-looking suitcases with destination tags. I would like to make a bigger version (9 suitcases instead of 4) for myself.

I made a skiing themed quilt for DH. I had found some fabric that had skiers on it and the trails signs were names of runs of a ski resort in Montana we had been at. No picture. I wonder if I even took a picture of it when i made it? Another item on today's to-do list!

Blog Entries
    This is a WIP of where we go on our holidays each year. We have been going down there for 18 years and call it our little piece of paradise. We call this "Face Rock" as we feel it is always watching over us. The kids have grown up going there and love spending the days fishing and swimming, and the wildlife is fantastic. My avatar is a photo of a King parrot that I took down there.
    I am not happy with the browns and have ordered some more to see if I can improve it. I also plan to make at least one more quilt that reminds me of Wonboyn.

WIP Face Rock
    Name:  Attachment-242927.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  97.9 KB

The Face Rock Photo
    Name:  Attachment-242928.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  74.2 KB

I buy fabric whenever I go somewhere to do a quilt with it...Unfortunately with everything else on the plate...it's all sitting waiting

I made a quilt on a Fons and Porter quilting cruise last year. It's still a WIP--it's a king size quilt and I can't yet afford the batting! The quilt will remind me of that wonderful week forever! It's done in bright batiks; Jodie Davis designed it I think!

Quilting it as we speak. Combination of the bay the resort was on, and the resort logo (two twisted palms) modified to look realistic.

You may have seen ad's for the "Couples" resort here on the board - you'll see the logo there.

The name of this quilt is "Coupled" and it's for friends who will be married on this beach in October.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    Quilting it as we speak. Combination of the bay the resort was on, and the resort logo (two twisted palms) modified to look realistic.

You may have seen ad's for the "Couples" resort here on the board - you'll see the logo there.

The name of this quilt is "Coupled" and it's for friends who will be married on this beach in October.
    Wow! Beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast